It’s that time a year again where the Christmas holidays is over us and we get into our cosy moods with tons of Christmas decorations, Christmas lights, stockings, presents and off course Christmas treats. In our house we have a no sugar policy all year around except Fridays where Alfa can have some candy or ice cream. Im super scared of unnatural sugars and other cruelty in foods so therefore we make Christmas treats with only the good stuff and from scratch. These date balls are made with only few ingredients, are super easy to make and can last a long time in your fridge. If you can, only use organic ingredients.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 10 Medjool dates – Here
- 2 tbsp Goji Berries – Here
- Little handful of Almonds or any kind of nut you prefer – Here
- 2 tbsp Shredded Coconut – Here
- A pinch of Himalayan pink salt – Here
- 1 tbsp Raw licorice powder for rolling – Here
Option: You can make them in so many different ways, sometimes I add cinnamon, cardamom or fresh ginger, raw chocolate powder. You can put other kinds of dried berries in there, almond butter or any kind of nut butter, you can add your favorite seeds. You could roll them in pumpkin seed flour, coconut flour or chopped nuts. Try to be creative and try out some different ways. YAY!
- Grab your mini chopper or blender
- Add all the dry stuff to your chopper first, nuts, coconut, salt and chop til fine
- Now add your dates and goji berries and chop chop chop til you have smooth texture
- Roll little balls with your hands and roll them in your licorice powder
- Keep them in a container in your fridge and nip nip nip
LOVE LOU ❤