These rice paper rolls are super yum, simple and easy to make. They take a little bit of time to prepare, but you can cut everything the day before or even roll them up and keep them in the fridge until it’s time to eat. I love making a peanut coconut sauce to dip dip dip them in.
This version is one of my favorites, but you can use whatever your tastebuds prefer.
WHAT YOU NEED – ROLLS:
- Rice paper – Here
- Red cabbage
- Lettuce, I use iceberg or butter lettuce
- Fresh Cilantro or parsley or mint
WHAT YOU NEED – PEANUT COCONUT SAUCE:
- 3 tbls Peanut butter with no added oils or salt – Here
- 1 cup Coconut milk from can – Here
- A finger tip of fresh ginger
- tbls soy sauce – Here
- tbls Lime
HOW TO – ROLLS:
- Cut all your veggies and fruits into thin slices around 2 inches (5 cm) long.
- Take a big bowl and fill it with warm water and put one sheet of rice paper into the water until it soften up.
- Take it out and put it on your cutting board or counter top.
- Put a piece of lettuce in first, it helps it not to break so easily when you roll them, put your veggies of choice on to the lettuce and roll, you want to roll them like a burrito, one roll and then you flip over the ends and then one/two more rolls.
- You can choose to cut them in half or serve them as they are.
HOW TO – PEANUT SAUCE:
- Peel your ginger and shred it.
- Grab a medium sized pot and turn on to medium heat.
- Put peanut butter, coconut milk, soy and ginger into your pot and stir til the peanut butter has melted.
- Serve in a bowl.
- Add lime and stir it up.
- EAT AND ENJOY.
Love Lou ❤