I did not believe lifting heavy was the best and fastest way to shed inches. When my trainer told me I had my doubts. I was sure running, spinning or any other kind of cardio training was the only way to lose weight. But he proved me wrong. After only a couple of weeks I saw results on the scale and lots of inches disappeared very fast.
SO WHY IS LIFTING HEAVY THE BEST WAY TO LOSE THOSE EXTRA INCHES ?
- Muscles burns calories faster than cardio training.
- When you only work on building muscle mass you will burn calories first and then body fat many days after your work out is done, but with most cardio you will only burn calories the minutes you do your cardio.
- You can lift heavy 2-3 days a week and still see results quick, the resting between your work outs are very important for your body to re-fuel and restore probably. So you don’t need to feel bad if you don’t go to the gym every day.
- Lifting heavy will trim specific places on your body faster, like your inner thighs or your armpits. With the right techniques you can control exactly where you want to shred that fat.
- You don’t need to spend several hours at the gym. An hour is enough.
- It will change not only your body, but your life as well as you build more strength, you get more powerful and get more energy.
- Lifting heavy will improve your health, heart, brain and hormones and for sure shred lots of inches.
My advise to you is to go to your local gym and book an hour with one of the personal trainers connected to the gym. Have him/her make you a program on lifting heavy, have them show you the right techniques, this I very important so you don’t get injuries. You need to add weight every time you go to improve your strength, just a little though. You have to involve deadlift and squat into your work out program, these two techniques is the most important ones to build a strong core.
NOTE: You also have to eat the right foods to lose inches or weight. Check out my post about what to eat and not to eat – HERE
Everything I know I’ve learned from my personal trainer from Fortius Fitness and from my own experiences.
Love Lou ❤