JUHU it is refill day and candy Friday for Alfa, we have been looking forward to this day since last Friday. On my refill days(learn more here) I allow myself to eat treats, sometimes I eat ice cream, sometimes I eat black licorice(we eat lots of black licorice in Denmark) YUM! But most of the time I make sugar free cakes, bars, candy etc. I love snickers but not the kind you can buy at the stores with a bunch of ingredients I have never heard of. So Alfa and I started to make our own healthier snickers balls, with healthier I mean with no added refined sugars or other weird stuff – they are filled up with carbs, but the good carbs.
SNICKERS BALLS RECIPE:
- 1/2 cup Organic Peanut butter without any added hydrogenated oils – I use this one
- 10 Organic Medjool Dates – I use these
- Organic raw cashews, walnuts, Almonds or any kind of nut you prefer – I use these and I use these
- A pinch of good Himalayan salt – I use this
- 1/4 cup of water
- Option: You can dip the balls in a 85% dark chocolate if you want them to taste even more like snickers.
- Remove all the seeds from your dates.
- Put your dates into your mini chopper/blender and add the water, now blend til you get a thick caramel ish texture, if to runny add more dates.
- When you have the right texture, grab two tbsp and make little balls out of your caramel and put them on a plate covered in tinfoil or parchment paper.
- Put a nut in each little ball and add a half tbsp of peanut butter on top of the nut.
- Now take your plate with your yummy snickers balls and put them in the freezer. Freeze for and hour or more.
- Option: if you want to add chocolate. When done freezing you can dip them in melted chocolate and put them back in the freezer for 20 min. DONE.
ENJOY AND EAT…. I promise you, one taste of more!
Love Lou ❤